Finally massage and soft tissue therapists are able to return to work!
There will be some changes in the process both before, during and after each treatment, to help ensure both yours and my safety and to comply with latest government guidance.
Booking a treatment
- First-time clients, your pre-session consultation will now take place via the phone or video conferencing, rather than face to face. A Consultation Form will be emailed for completion prior to your visit.
- Existing clients there will be a short update consultation – to see how you have been since pre lockdown.
- All clients will need to complete a Client Risk Assessment Form regarding exposure to Covid-19.
- All consultation & consent documents can be signed & brought on the day or emailed back beforehand.
Before you leave home
- Before you leave your home, please check your temperature, and consider if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms. If yes to any of those questions, please postpone or cancel your appointment.
- Please bring your own face mask, this needs to be worn at all times except for when you are lying face down on the treatment couch.
- Please also bring your own water bottle to avoid the risk of cross contamination. If you forget, water will now be provided in a plastic cup for you.
- When you arrive, you will be required to take off your shoes, wash your hands (drying them with paper towels and make use of the hand sanitiser provided for you)
- Treatment times are now a maximum of 50 minutes as per government guidance to minimise the amount of exposure time.
- Please wear easy to remove clothes. You will be given a container in which to put them when you undress.
- Social distancing to be observed both prior to and after treating such as in reception, stairs and landing.
- Wherever possible the therapist will be using back-to-back or side-to-side working (rather than face-to-face).
- The massage table will have been thoroughly disinfected beforehand, the linens are all clean, and there will be a 30 minute gap between clients to allow for enhanced cleaning and ventilation.
- The therapist will be using Personal Protective Equipment. The therapist will wear a visor and face mask as this is a mandatory requirement.
- The treatment room window will be kept open where ever possible to keep the room well ventilated.
- We advise you to wash your hands thoroughly after the treatment and use hand sanitiser.
- Please contact me if you or anyone in your household develops symptoms associated with Covid 19 within 7 days of your treatment.
- I will endeavour to call or text you 7 days after treatment to check that you are symptom free. This is done to protect both your therapist and all clients attending for treatment.
- I am required to keep contact details for NHS Track and Trace, this includes your name, telephone number, date of visit, arrival and departure times.